Are you thinking any of these negative thoughts about change?
- I’m not in the mood
- It wont work
- Its too difficult
- I’m feeling too bad about myself to do this
- I’m not smart enough
- I don’t need you to tell me how to be happy / how I should live my life
- It’s other people that cause my problems
- I’ll always be treated the same
- What if I fail? I’ll feel worse than I did before.
- Things are too bad for this to work
- I’m scared of the reaction from others if I change
We are all guilty of creating reasons why we can’t change, and these are all powerful thoughts that can interfere with your motivation to help yourself.
If you want to have more confidence and live your life free from a lack of self worth and insecurities, you’ve got to really want to change. You are the only one who can make a difference. Excuses will destroy any chance you have of making a difference.
If any of the above thoughts pop into your head, remember why you want to change. Who are you doing it for? How different would things be if you had more confidence? Focus on you and your fantastic future!